Affirmations work, I swear.
I’ve been working with my therapist on reducing anxiety and helping to believe in myself. Despite a lot of success, there are still times when I think it’s not deserved or I worry about potential mistakes. I’ll probably do another post on imposter syndrome and it’s impact on my life, but for now, I wanted to share some affirmations with you all.
Why should you use affirmations?
Researchers have found positive benefits of self affirmation theory (Albalooshi et al., 2020). In a study examining the impact of affirmations on two groups – the powerful and the powerless – Abalooshi et al. (2020) found that those in their powerless group had improvements with inhibitory control. This is essentially the ability to control automatic thoughts that might be negative and change it to more positive thoughts of self worth.
By taking the time to change our thought patterns, we can create more positive views of our self. Additionally, we can use those positive thoughts to bring us closer to our goals and dreams.
How I Use Affirmations
Many days I use the “I Am” app to come up with affirmations. I like to do this in the morning when I’m having my coffee. If I don’t get to it in the morning, I choose some throughout the day to repeat to myself in the mirror and write in my journal. I thought I’d use this opportunity to share some affirmations that I’ve created for myself.
- I choose to be happy and thankful for all that I have.
- My life is worthy of love.
- I accept who I am.
- Abundance is coming to me in all aspects of my life.
- I am healthy, blessed, and loved.
- Wealth and love are arriving in full bloom.
- I am beautiful beyond comparison.
- I am whole and complete.
- New opportunities are on the horizon for me.
- I can achieve anything that my mind envisions for myself.
- I am grateful for my friends and family who believe in me no matter what.
- No matter the goal, I will be able to reach it with hard work and dedication.
- My life is blessed and treasured.
- There are so many wonderful things in store for my future.
- I am enough.
- I am important.
- My worth is not determined by material things.
- The world is calling me to a life of happiness.
- True love and abundance is on its way to me.
- Nothing is impossible and I matter.
- I am worthy of a successful career.
- I deserve to love and be loved unconditionally.
- I will protect my thoughts from negative interference.
- My goals are attainable and realistic.
- I am destined to have an abundant and full life.
- I have a thankful heart for the many blessings in my life.
- All that I do is for a better future.
- My positive attitude will help me achieve great things.
- Nothing can stand in my way when I believe in myself.
- There is beauty in my surroundings.
If you are visual, here is a short YouTube video to use each morning!
Albalooshi, S., Moeini-Jazani, M., Fennis, B. M., & Warlop, L. (2020). Reinstating the resourceful self: when and how self-affirmations improve executive performance of the powerless. Personality and Social Psychology Bulletin, 46(2), 189-203.
4 thoughts on “30 Affirmations to use Throughout the Month and Bonus Video”
Pingback: It’s Okay to Change and Become a Better Version of Yourself – Tracy Dee Tips
Pingback: Limiting Beliefs: Strategies I’m Using to Overcome Them and Create the Life I Want – Tracy Dee Tips
Pingback: Tracy Dee's Posts
Pingback: Tracy Dee's Posts