Have you ever thought about learning SEO based content writing?
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is the process of improving traffic to a website from search engines via un-paid (“organic”) search results. SEO aims to get your website to rank higher in search engine results pages (SERPs). Search engines use automated ranking algorithms to index websites based on relevance and popularity. This formula is known as the “search engine algorithm”.
If you’ve ever thought about blogging or marketing, then it’s good to know some SEO based content writing tips. Trust me, I’ve been learning this as a I go and having to go back to old articles to make revisions. Now, I use RankMath to help me out!
I would have done much better if I had learned this from the beginning!
Conduct Keyword research
Keyword research is the process of finding out what people are searching for online so that you can write about those topics. The primary purpose of keyword research is to ensure that you’re targeting the right audience and using SEO based content writing that speaks to their needs.
Once you have your keywords (or key phrases), it’s time to consider how they should be incorporated into your article or blog post. You want to keep things natural, so readers don’t feel like they’re reading an infomercial!
To avoid keyword stuffing, try using synonyms instead of repeating the same phrase repeatedly in your copy. This will help ensure that each instance serves a purpose instead of just being included because “it sounds good”.
There are lots of free and paid resources. But I mainly use keyword plan from Google Ads and Answer the Public.
Optimize your blog post titles to get more clicks
Optimize your blog post titles to get more clicks for SEO based content writing.
- Use keywords in the title of your blog post (see my title!). This will help search engines find it and direct readers to the content they’re looking for.
- Use a question in your title. This can help people click the link and make readers think about their answers.
- Do keyword research first, then repeat that keyword in your article with a good ratio of keywords to total words for maximum effectiveness. For example, one of my keyword phrases in this article is SEO based content writing.
Write short paragraphs
Using short paragraphs is an excellent way to make your content more readable, making it more likely that people will read the entire post. It also helps with SEO based content writing since search engines can better understand what each paragraph is about and index them accordingly. Finally, short paragraphs help people share your content on social media. It makes it easy for them to click on the title of each paragraph and copy/paste it into their feeds.
Use Bullets and Numbering in the Blog post
- Using bullets and numbering in blog posts can help make your post more readable, organized and scannable.
- The readers will find it easy to read the blog post’s contents if they are listed in bullet points or numbers.
- Bullets and numbering make your blog post more organized. This is important as it will help you organize the content better to look more attractive than before when they were not organized by using bullets or numbers.
- Using bullets and numbers makes your content scannable for readers who may need more time to read long paragraphs. They may need bits of information from each paragraph. These items should be made easily accessible by using them as headings (in other words, put them near each other)and subheadings.
Use Proper Alt Attributes for Images
An alt attribute is the text alternative for an image. It describes what you see in the image and helps screen readers identify each image on your page. It is an important part of SEO based content writing.
For example, suppose you have a company logo as an image. In that case, you should include an alt attribute with the company name so that users who are visually impaired or use screen readers can read what it is. Or, if you have images of products in your blog post, write descriptive alt attributes for each. That way, search engine bots can also read and understand what they represent.
Write Meta Descriptions for Blog Posts
A meta description is a short description that shows up in search results. It plays a vital role in helping readers understand the content of a blog post and decide whether to click on it.
For this reason, meta descriptions should be unique, compelling and relevant to the post’s topic. They should be at most 160 characters to not overwhelm users with too much text in one place. A good rule of thumb is to write them so that they can help readers understand what your content is all about. This is helpful even without prior knowledge about your product or service offering.
Write a Catchy Blog Post Introduction
The introduction is the most crucial part of your blog post and should be catchy, informative and short. The introduction should grab the attention of your reader so that they want to read further. It should also provide a brief overview of what you will discuss in your blog post.
The following are some valuable tips for writing a great introductory paragraph:
- Begin with an engaging anecdote or question that makes readers want to know more about what you have to say (e.g., “Have you ever wondered why we love dogs?”)
- Use numbers to illustrate facts or conclusions (e.g., “Did you know that there are more than 600 million dogs worldwide?”)
- Ensure the sentence structure is straightforward by breaking long sentences into shorter ones. Or using subheadings when appropriate (e.g., “Let’s look at this issue one question at a time…”).
Keep your URL as short as possible
Keep your URL as short as possible. It would help if you also used hyphens to separate words and avoid underscores because they are not search engine-friendly.
It’s also essential to keep any descriptive words out of your URLs, as bots can use them when they crawl through websites’ backlinks (links pointing back at them). For example: If someone links back to your site using an anchor text like “Learn more about SEO, ” it will become clear what exactly you’re talking about if you have yourwebsite.com/learnSEO.
Link Internally with other blog posts on your blog
Linking internally on your blog is one of the best ways to increase the SEO value of your content and improve user experience. It’s also an excellent way to help create new content ideas and keep your writing fresh.
In addition, internal links are an essential aspect of search engine optimization (SEO). By linking to a blog post you’ve written, you can boost its ranking in Google. That will get more people to read it and increase its authority — or how much trust Google has in your site.
If there are other posts on your website that relate directly or indirectly to what you’re writing about now, link back! Anchor text doesn’t matter as much as having a relevant link within the article itself. However, if possible, use terms that pertain specifically to this section or topic rather than generic ones like “click here”.
Do keep the above points in mind for SEO based content writing for a website.
- Remember to optimize your content. You can easily optimize your title, heading tags and content by following the guidelines above.
- Remember to optimize your title. The title should be descriptive enough to attract readers. Also, try using keywords relevant to the topic of discussion for search engines like Google, Yahoo! Search and Bing crawl through it and rank better on SERPs (Search Engine Result Pages).
- Remember to optimize your heading tags. Headings are significant in SEO because they help crawlers understand what your webpage is about, thereby helping them rank higher on SERPs. Titles of articles/pages should be preceded by H2-H6 headings according to their importance on the page’s structure, so search engines can see them and users can easily find them as they navigate through pages or blog posts related to the topic under discussion – SEO based content writing tips!