Let’s review, shall we? In summer of 2022, I set out to have $10,000/month extra in side hustle income by now.
Fast forward to today, I’m still sitting below the $100/month mark.
How should I feel?
Perhaps it sounds a bit delusional, but I feel at peace. Why is that?
- I’ve learned a lot – in the past year, I’ve learned more about writing on Medium, building an Etsy shop, growing a YouTube audience, and starting print on demand. I also joined a membership group that teaches you how to build your own membership. Mine is still a work in progress, but I’ve at least launched the basic level.
- I just know it’s going to work out – While I’m staring down the end of a full-time job contract, there is something inside of me that has complete faith that it’s all going to work out even better than I could have imagined. I’m clinging to that as my motivation to keep going.
- Financial lessons – This year I’ve gotten more real with my finances and acknowledging the massive amount of debt I have. By doing this, I’ve been able to craft a plan to get myself out of debt using my job and investing strategies.
- Time is my motivator – With a full time job contract ending and a venture into freelance, I have to get creative to make money. I know that motivation is going to force me to build more income sources in new and innovative ways. While the basic expenses will be covered, I’m losing a large chunk of monthly income. However, I’m gaining back all of the time I spent working for it.
- Manifestation works – I know that manifestation works. I also know that it takes consistent belief and action toward that belief every day. While I’m not an expert yet, I am on my way to building the kind of life I want and becoming the kind of person I’d like to be.
Though I’ve yet to hit my $10,000 a month goal, I know I’m not far away from this reality. But for now, I’m letting go of monetary goals and focusing on improving each day and learning more. With time, patience, and perseverance, I will reach this goal.
What are your side hustle income goals?