Here I will reflect on my 2021 goals written on April 2nd, a little less than a year ago:
- Get to 1,000 subscribers
- I didn’t get to 1,000 subscribers, but that’s not surprising because I did not post as much as I wanted to. However, my original videos are still gaining views and the subscriber count is growing
- Become more comfortable on video
- I would say this is the biggest improvement in 2021. With the help of Tik Tok and the videos on YouTube I did create, I feel much more comfortable on video. And much more comfortable showing up without makeup or however I feel comfortable for the day. I also continue to watch my favorite YouTuber’s for inspiration.
- Learn video editing skills
- Again, another work in progress, but I’ve definitely improved my skills. I’m considering taking a course to continue my learning in this area.
- One of the reasons why the channel did not take off this year was my lack of consistency. I realized that I needed to be more consistent with my blog to see results. And it’s no different with YouTube. Google rewards those who consistently create.
2022 YouTube Goals
- Grow to 5,000 subscribers – This is my stretch goal. It’s important to be realistic, but also challenge yourself. Of course, I would like to get to 1,000 to monetize, but I have 6 weeks this summer to focus solely on my business before I have to start working full time again.
- Partner with a brand – I would like to have at least one video where I get to share how I use a product that I enjoy. Now, I’m not going to just accept anything, so I’d like to create content for useful things I already use, like the Paperlike screen protector for my iPad.
- Integrate A-roll and B-roll content – This is some video editing lingo I picked up during my learning this past year. I still haven’t figured out enough editing to be able to use different footage in my videos. But, I’m going to do it!
- Turn my channel into a business – This is an overall goal I have for both this blog and YouTube. So, it’s important that I take the time to develop solid goals with a business mindset.
- Have fun! While I do want to take this seriously to see impressive results, I want to enjoy what I’m doing. Right now, it’s a bit difficult to have fun because I’m often too tired to film. This is why I usually just write blog posts instead. But, I have the summer off and I start my new job in August.
I hope that by sharing my 2022 YouTube goals, you’ll be inspired to formulate some of your own. Your goals might not be the same as mine, but if you work towards them every day, then your YouTube channel will grow and you too will have fun!